The jury, consisting of Seung-Won Oh (KOR), Pierre Jodłowski (FRA) and Jeths (NLD), examined all the entries for the Gaudeamus Award, a total of 175 scores from composers from 28 different countries. In consultation with representatives of ensembles Amsterdam Sinfonietta (Willem de Bordes), Silbersee (MaNOj Kamps) and Ensemble Modelo62 (Ezequiel Menalled) five young composers have been nominated for the Gaudeamus Award in 2016.
* AMONG AM A by James O'Callaghan (1988, Canada)
* Drop by David Bird (1990, USA)
* From a Standing Forest of Mirrors by Anthony Vine (1988, USA)
* Madhye II by Shih-Wei Lo (1985, Taiwan)
* Organismo Aperto No.1 by Giulio Colangelo (1986, Italy)